Vice-President, National Claims Operations (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients. Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Client Experience, the Vice-President, National Claims Operations is a new and integral role that will lead and enhance the customer experience and operational excellence as it relates to our claims handling services, technologies, and support.
As the VP, National Claims Operations, you will be instrumental in building out and bringing together our national claims structure and will develop the strategies and planning to deliver end-to-end claim support, services and client experience. We are looking for a high-level orchestrator of complex processes who brings with them strong experience in the insurance and benefits claims industry, thought leadership, a passion for service and excellent data analysis.
This transformational opportunity is perfect for the relationship-focused leader who excels in transformational change to the client experience and who values the development of strong relationships and partnerships.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement strategic planning in alignment with corporate goals that will enhance, evolve and strengthen claims processing, systems, member experience, and technical and operational excellence.
- Drive the development of a seamless and personalized client experience through an omni-channel and service strategy.
- Design and execute the future-state roadmap for the integration of claims systems and platforms across the enterprise.
- Build and champion a culture and team of collaboration, service and excellence.
- Develop and achieve KPI’s and audit standards for timeliness, quality, data and financial accuracy by overseeing the development and implementation of claims policies and procedures.
- Manage the operational, budgetary and financial responsibilities.
- Build relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders such as executive management, business leaders, clients, brokers, services providers, carriers and TPA’s.
- Develop and deliver plans around capturing and utilizing claims intelligence and data analytics to provide a strong customer experience.
- Stay on top of claims services trends, risks and communicate accordingly to the SVP and the senior management team.
- Work closely with our underwriting and finance teams on various transformational projects.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET
- Demonstrated advocate for the client, passion for delivering an extraordinary client experience.
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of leadership experience in insurance claims or a related field.
- A skilled strategic business leader, comfortable with a growth mindset, exceptional communicator and relationship builder who prefers to work in large, complex corporate and service environments.
- In-depth technical knowledge of theories and practices within claims management and insurance industry operations.
- Strong analytical skills, with a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Experienced in navigating a shifting and evolving corporate environment and have an appreciation for strong leadership and subject matter expert dynamics.
- An excellent problem solver with a high level of emotional quotient and strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- The ability and flexibility to travel across Canada.