Vice President, Group Retirement Solutions (Toronto, Ontario)
We are in search of an energetic and results focused individual to join our growing Group Retirement Solutions team. This role will have a direct impact to grow and expand People Corporation’s presence in the retirement industry and support our objectives of client retention and growth.
As our Vice President, Group Retirement Solutions (GRS), you will be a member of the broader Retirement & Savings leadership team with a focus on growing sales to achieve or exceed national sales and client service goals through collaboration with other business groups to bring to market the full suites of Retirement and Savings products. You will formulate and implement short term and long term strategies and plans for sales growth. In addition, you will develop and ensure that service levels and commitments are maintained.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Retirement and Savings, you will use your expertise with the Canadian group retirement and pension market, business and sales acumen to introduce new products and services to promote GRS to meet new and emerging customers needs. You have a proven track record of sales leadership and are adept at assisting with new acquisitions and the standardization of services across the GRS function at People Corporation.
You are a leader who enjoys fostering a culture of operational excellence through the identification and sponsoring of initiatives that will drive growth and retention and provide positive experiences for our GRS clients.
- Deliver market-leading experience to new and existing GRS clients through the development of new products and services
- Accountable to achieve Retirement and Savings goals, targets and budgets by establishing internals goals and targets for sales and service
- Provide superior leadership to the GRS sales and service team and promote a culture of growth and continuous improvement
- Accountable to lead the end-to-end sales cycle of group retirement solutions identifying opportunities, prospecting, networking and building an appropriate sales pipeline
- Responsible to track all at risk, business development and client information, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures all client facing materials, information, products are prepared to high standards and they comply with corporate branding , appearance and content requirements
- Ensures all client service requirements and commitments align with and are delivered in accordance with established requirements and expectations
- Oversees the effective day-to-day ongoing management of sales and service and puts measures in place to ensure the team operates to deliver high quality standards
- Minimum seven (7) years’ group retirement experience specifically in a consulting role
- Experience with small, midsize, large and individual financial services market segments
- Post-secondary education in commerce, marketing or related discipline
- Expert knowledge of group retirement and savings and related products and services
- Deep knowledge of applicable legislation and regulatory requirements impacting the retirement and savings sector
- Exceptional consulting leadership, business development and financial acumen
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of group and individual retirement and savings plans and benefits as well as group insurance and related products
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act as a brand ambassador for People Corporation
- Valid and current LLQP and ongoing Continuing Education