Vice President – Finance (Winnipeg, MB)
At People Corporation we are committed to helping businesses succeed. We are a national provider of group benefits, group retirement, wellness, and human resource solutions. Our experts provide valuable insight, and offer customized solutions designed to fit the unique needs of your business.
Reporting to Senior Vice President – Finance and indirectly to divisional leaders for Client Experience (CX) and Infrastructure and Technology (IT) the Vice President – Finance will be responsible for financial planning and budgets, business plans, operational plans, management, tax, treasury, internal controls, and creating key performance indicators for the department.
- Management of overall financial planning of the CX and IT divisions with immediate responsibility for accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports.
- Works closely with the SVP Finance – Group Solutions and CX AND IT management team to develop and set the strategic direction, operational goals and the initiatives of the division.
- Proactively elicits requirements and information for initiatives, business plans, and operational plans using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business analysis, prepares business cases, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Prepares and reviews the consolidated reporting for Group Solutions which will be presented to the Corporate Management Team and Goldman Sachs.
- Initiates, leads system and process improvements for the Group, prepares the business case and ensures resources are secured to execute on approved projects. Will then ensure the new systems/processes are consistently implemented across the organization.
- Plans and coordinates the annual budgeting process for the Company and provide guidance and assistance to business leaders in the development of budgets and annual business plans for their respective areas.
- Maintains accountability for all statements and reports, and ensures systems are revised where necessary to maintain integrity.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders and executives to provide assistance in identification and development of appropriate financial solutions to growth opportunities and operational issues.
- Reports on a regular basis the Division’s status against, and ability to meet, its financial, strategic and operational objectives.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience within various accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility and complexity.
- Creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to display initiative and sound judgement.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Financial Acumen: Understands People Corporation’s financial policies & management procedures such as: designated financial authority levels and approval processes, financial accounting procedures, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks strategically about the range of market, business and/or issues likely to impact the region or business unit’s ability to fulfill its role.
- Communication: Can effectively build relationships with leadership of operating divisions while adhering to Finance team objectives and priorities.