Underwriting Technician (Montreal, Quebec)
People Corporation is a great place to work and we have an amazing role for a dynamic and motivated individual with a strong sense of passion and pride to join our high-performing team.
Located in our Montreal, Quebec office, the Underwriting Technician will work closely with the underwriting department to support the administrative requirements and reporting to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
In this role, you will work independently to gather data from the various insurance carriers that is required to support underwriting decisions. You are someone who is very organized, can work through issues to come to an effective solution and prioritizes effectively.
- Support and assist the underwriting department in the processing of data to produce all reporting required.
- Assist the underwriting team with processing of documents including providing administrative and clerical support for underwriters.
- Obtain all necessary information from insurance carriers to support the underwriters and their analysis
- Generate claims-analytics and employees-data reporting by way online date portals
- Prepare written documentation of sold rates for new and renewing clients, and update rate database
- Experience in a Group Benefits working environment would be an asset
- Post-secondary education with a specialization in administration, financial services or accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel complimented by a strong aptitude in mathematics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Ability to prioritize workload with competing deadlines