Solution Architect (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory across Canada; acquiring numerous companies and increasing our workforce to over 1000 employees, Technology Solutions play a critical role in this growth and we are excited to be growing our Architecture team with the addition of a Solution Architect.
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, the Solution Architect will oversee the architectural vision within a platform area to ensure business and technology roadmap alignment. You are expected to use simple but powerful design principles and think outside the box to challenge the norm, constraints and procedures to achieve the right solution. You are responsible for designing and managing infrastructure, application and system integration with other systems. You ensure design decisions made at the solution level align to Enterprise Architecture direction aligned to business strategy. You play a crucial role working with team members to facilitate solution scoping and designing the optimal solution to meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with business and technology teams to understand the current business and system capabilities to determine the ideal target state.
- Create solution blueprints that are useful for leading teams through the build phase, useful in sustainment and effective in communication of solution and context to various stakeholders.
- Participate in technology/vendor evaluations and ensure alignment with the business requirements and that solutions abide to established EA direction.
- Define, create, and maintain tactical and strategic solution blueprints; research, learn and share industry leading technology concepts.
- Facilitate POCs/POTs (proof of concept/proof of technology) exercises to demonstrate solution feasibility in order to refine the system solution when required.
- Contribute to People Corporation Enterprise Architecture governing bodies and processes (i.e. Technology Design Authority, Compliance Audit Privacy Security & Legal).
- Govern project solution architectures to ensure technology strategy is being driven forward.
- Act as Technology Platform Design Authority for an assigned area within a Business Technology Domain.
- 7+ years experience in an architecture role with extensive hands on design experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science preferred, relevant education combined with experience will be considered.
- Ability to map applications and business capabilities to describe how systems interact within an organization.
- Ability to facilitate modelling of data structures as they relate to business functions and capabilities.
- Ability to describe the behaviour of technology platforms and the business systems they support.
- Must have familiarity with Architecture Framework such as TOGAF, ZACHMAN and modelling tools.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.