Software Development Manager (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of a leadership team responsible for coaching and mentoring talented software developers, working in an agile environment. You will directly impact and influence product delivery, team growth and employee engagement.
The Software Development Manager will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Identifies and proposes solutions for business and technical needs by working with software developers, quality assurance analyst, business analysts, product owners and technical groups
- Analyzes software design requirements to determine feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with current solutions, architectural standards, and infrastructure environments.
- Ensures quality and consistency throughout the architecture and implementation of the software
- Delegates tasks to, organizes, mentors, and motivates a team of talented software developers
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in the development team
- Works together with senior team members to plan and execute projects
- Ensures that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Provides detailed and timely status updates to technology leaders
- Helps establish and enhance development policies, procedures, and standards and enforces their implementation upon their team of developers
- Maintains technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by completing related tasks as needed
- Assists developers in resolving technical issues
- Monitors developer performance, establishes plans for improvement when necessary, conducts annual reviews in conjunction with management
- Responds to occasional system errors, including during off hour and coordinates response amongst the team
- Leads a small Scrum team and collaborate well with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years development experience with increasing technical responsibility in technologies such as .NET Framework, Entity Framework Core, Elastic Search, ECMAScript, Typescript, SQL Server development and tools, Web Services, AngularJS, Angular, etc.
- At least 3 years experience leading development teams with direct developer management
- Excellent analytical skills applied alongside technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities
- Manage resources for the scope and size of the project
- Provide support for ongoing innovation of the product and technology
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities
- An extremely detail-oriented work ethic
- The ability to apply tools, methodologies, and practices for the improvement of the software delivery process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Submit your application in confidence to the attention of Brad Robertson.