Senior Underwriting Analyst (Winnipeg, MB, Toronto, ON or Vancouver, BC)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and growing company to join our team as a Senior Underwriting Analyst.
The Senior Underwriting Analyst is responsible for carrying out the duties of the underwriting function and supporting the Management team in executing the overall objectives of the Underwriting Department. This technical role is primarily focused on supporting the Underwriting Consultant for companywide underwriting projects and is a key resource in supporting the Underwriting, Sales and Service teams in meeting the needs of its clients and other stakeholders.
- Provides support to the Underwriting Consultant for underwriting projects relating to new sales, renewals, block management, process improvement, driving revenue growth targets and providing subject matter expertise.
- The delivery of quotes and proposals for new group sales, experience analysis and renewal reports for existing clients, and ongoing pricing analysis of plan-design amendments.
- Block pricing/financial arrangements; identifying opportunities for underwriting systems and process re-engineering.
- TPA conversion and block transfer projects.
- Underwriting tool design and redesign for special integration projects and Underwriter daily use.
- Underwriting automation projects.
- Provide technical training to Underwriters and local Underwriting technical trainers for all regions; including developing and maintaining underwriting training manuals.
- Participate on business integration strategies across the Benefit Solutions group of companies that will drive enhanced revenue and margin expansion in the short-term for the company while minimizing impact on our client relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with fellow department members, insurance carriers, management, sales consultants and account executives.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Science or Computer Science; a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible work in a related role, such as group benefits underwriting, actuarial analytics, data science, mathematics, statistics, computer programming, finance, accounting or business analytics; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and some knowledge in Visual Basic Applications (VBA); familiarity and comfort working with complex excel formulas required.
- Knowledgeable in different analytical methods and techniques in group insurance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Detailed oriented and strong technical background.
- Outside the box thinking to create efficiency around work.
- Continuously improve your knowledge in group benefits in the changing environment.