Senior Software Developer (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team in our in Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with other software developers, system analysts, solution architects, quality assurance analysts and project managers. They will be working in an environment with a wide variety of teams, systems, platforms and technologies to support the business operations. In this role, you will design, develop & maintain applications built for the billing and administration of group insurance benefits.
- Identify and propose solutions for business and technical needs by working with business analysts, product owners and technical groups.
- Analyze software design requirements to determine feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with current solutions, architectural standards, and infrastructure environments.
- Assume technical ownership for features from concept to release through all phases of development including functional specifications, design, implementation, unit testing, system testing, performance testing, scalability testing and production support.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks; identifies bottlenecks and pain points and directs resources to address the challenges in a directed, methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner; leverages analytical experience to help build a road map to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding the systems and technologies they support.
- Support of in-house applications to ensure systems are stable and operate at peak performance.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge base in their technical field and continually help augment the team’s experiences and skills with the latest training, technologies, and techniques.
- Establish, evolve and follow best practices for all development, integration work and change management.
- Produce technical documentation to support development process and allow maintainability of code by others.
- Employ modern, Agile, and pragmatic programming practices and testing methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years development experience with increasing technical responsibility in technologies such as .NET Framework, Entity Framework Core, Elastic Search, ECMAScript, Typescript, SQL Server development and tools, Web Services, AngularJS, Angular, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills applied alongside technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of cross-functional team to deliver timely results.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with Source Code version control tools.
- Experience supporting both development and production environments.
- Track record of leading features through development process and into production.
- Experience in building enterprise-grade software using modern architecture concepts.
- Experience using modern programming techniques including dependency management, TDD, design patterns.