Senior Report Developer (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
The Senior Report Developer is an integral member of People Corporation’s Applications Team. The developer will play a key role in working as part of a development team focused on delivering automated and manual reporting solutions related to the benefits platform. The developer will be accountable for writing well designed, testable, and accurate reports and will serve as a subject matter expert. Additionally, the developer will have other duties and responsibilities as determined from time to time by their manager.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle with a focus on reporting.
- Design, develop and deploy reporting solutions for the Billing and Administration Benefits Platform.
- Responsible for working with business owners and internal groups to understand requirements and develop solutions to complex reporting needs, as well as addressing any reporting errors or issues after live system implementation.
- Upon development, will submit sample reports to business owners for approval and acceptance of the final product.
- Builds SQL routines to move, cleanse and prepare data for reporting.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using SQL.
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
- Collaborate with developers, analysts, and architects to integrate user experience elements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Proven work experience as a Crystal Report Developer
- Proficiency and understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum
- Solid knowledge of Excel and other database tools
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to multitask, complete assigned tasks independently with little to no guidance with close attention to detail, and ability to offer extensive guidance to other team members.
- An ability to work remotely and use conference and collaboration tools effectively
- Preferred Certifications: Crystal Certification, SQL Certification
Submit your application in confidence to the attention of Brad Robertson.