Senior Recruiting Consultant, People First HR Services (Winnipeg, MB)
To put it simply, we’re in the people business. People First HR Services works with local and national companies to recruit talent on their behalf. We are knowledgeable leaders who apply process, technology, and solution-oriented service to recruit those ‘hard to find ‘candidates.
Our team focuses on Professional and Management Recruitment. Belonging to the People Corporation family, which recently was named as one of the PROFIT 500’s Fastest Growing Companies in Canada, People First HR Services is recognized as one of the largest full-service Human Resource Consulting firms in Western Canada.
As a career choice, recruiting is an excellent mix of client management, business development, sales, networking, and consulting. Our Recruiting Consultants are instrumental in partnering with Canadian businesses in finding the right talent for them and their organization. If you’ve never thought of Recruiting as a career choice before, why not start?
What you will be responsible for:
- Full cycle recruitment process including candidate attraction and sourcing strategies
- Develop a talent pipeline to support short and long-term hiring needs
- Assess candidate qualifications by conducting behavioural based interviews, analyzing responses, confirming experience, and verifying references
- Formally present findings, recommendations, and candidates to clients for consideration
- Manage the employment offer and negotiation process
What will help you be successful in this role:
- Business Development: Recruiters wear many hats – if you love sales, networking and business development and have proven success in this area, then recruiting could be for you.
- Business Acumen: You understand how the business world operates and what it takes to make (and keep) a business successful. After all, as a recruiter you will be contributing to the most important part of a company’s business: their people.
- Self-awareness: You know what you are good at, what needs further development, and you hold yourself accountable to your responsibilities. You know when you need help or guidance, and you seek out feedback and collaboration from your colleagues.
- Experience: You have post-secondary education and experience in the Accounting or Financial Service Industry; working in business development, as an accountant or in a financial service capacity.
- Being A People Person: This might sound clichéd but in our case it’s a must. We work with clients, candidates, and each other on a daily basis. People are literally our business.
- Drive and Determination: You have a drive to achieve and provide excellent service to your clients. Because you are a driver of business, you can move past the challenges that may come your way and focus on the solutions.
- Organization: Time management is your middle name. Recruiting is a fast paced business with multiple priorities; so your organization skills will come in handy.
DID YOU KNOW? You don’t need recruiting experience to be successful on our team? Many successful recruiters will tell you they just “fell into it.”
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation; base salary & commission
- Health benefits
- An entrepreneurial environment
- A flexible, collaborative and supportive work environment
- A chance to build your own practice