Senior Finance & Operations Analyst (Toronto, ON)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
As a member of the Western Finance team, the Senior Finance & Operations Analyst is responsible for providing accurate, timely and relevant information to operations and corporate accounting stakeholders of the Company, from which they are able to make informed decisions.
- Prepare and present monthly reporting packages that includes insightful variance analysis for operating revenue and expenses
- Responsible for preparing key management and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Review and validate the monthly variable compensation calculations
- Lead review meetings with practice leaders and challenge budget and forecast assumptions to ensure accuracy, integrity and reasonableness
- Support full budget cycle, from establishing targets/goals to socialization, to presenting final budget to leadership
- Assist in developing and implementing opportunities to streamline work processes
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required in the normal course of operations
- CPA designation with 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience (experience in FP&A considered an asset)
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large amounts of data using advanced Excel tools and functions
- Strong prioritization skills; proven ability to be successful in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Proactive, highly motivated, and innovative person who is not afraid to challenge the status quo