Senior Developer – Data (Oakville, ON)
With over 1,200 employees serving over 15,000 organizations from 40 offices coast-to-coast People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory across Canada. Technology plays a critical role in this growth and we are excited to be growing our Data Platform Team with the addition of a Senior Developer.
Working within the Data Platform team, as a Senior Developer, you function as a senior member of the Data team at BestLifeRewarded Innovations, a wholly owned subsidiary of People Corporation, supporting the data environment and supporting the data domain.
You are expected to understand the BestLifeRewarded and People Corporation’s data technology landscape, data and analytics tools and techniques. You will leverage this knowledge to develop data solutions to a common Reference Architecture. You will work with Architecture, vendors, Application Platform Teams and Operational Teams in developing data solutions
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Perform impact analysis for interface/system changes affecting the data environment
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of BestLifeRewarded and People Corporation Data environment including data structure and all components of the data environment
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Develop and perform detailed unit, quality assurance and regression tests to validate the readiness of internal developed code for production
- Monitor/ensure acceptable levels of system performance, integrity and security at the unit and system level
- Develop expert knowledge of BestLifeRewarded and People Corporation data structures including warehouses, data lakes and the data reporting environment
- Work under the direction of the Architect to advance the data environment as well as evolve the Data and Analytics roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) relevant to Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong professional Python development experience utilizing common Python libraries/frameworks (pandas, numpy, flask, behave, etc)
- Possess a keen understanding and application of Python development best practices.
- Working knowledge of ETL processes/design concepts as well as data modeling, both relational and dimensional.
- Good working knowledge in supporting ETL, production data operations (File processing, data distribution etc.,) including debugging, addressing production issues, performance tuning and performing root cause analysis.
- Experience in ETL design/development with ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS, Talend, etc. would be an advantage
- Experience in windows and cron batch scripting and job scheduling tools.
- You are able to prioritize and work effectively under pressure
- You are comfortable working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- You demonstrate good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills