Senior Business Systems Analyst (Winnipeg, MB)
People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory across Canada. Since 2006 we have acquired numerous companies and increased the workforce to over 1000 employees. Technology Solutions play a critical role in this growth and we are excited to be growing our architecture team with the addition of a Solution Architect.
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, as Business Systems Analyst, you oversee the functional & non-functional requirements solicitation & requirements management process. You are expected to use facilitation, interviewing, concise communication techniques to extract business needs and work closely with Solution Architects in the realization of those requirements through solution design.
You are responsible for process analysis, data analysis and systems analysis. You will be expected to possess or rapidly acquire depth & breadth in both Business & Technology domains. You play a crucial role working with team members to facilitate requirements sessions and ensuring business needs are reflected in both functional & non-functional requirements deliverables produced.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand industry trends and business priorities that must be factored into solution designs
- Define and communicate system requirements at the appropriate level of detail to ensure requirements are concise enough to drive the establishment of the right technology solution
- Analyze and conceptualize design of the solution, working with the Solution Architects, Vendors, Software Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to achieve the business objectives
- Posses business and technical acumen to successfully represent the business and technology domains in solution brainstorming & design sessions
- Assist with the creation of test strategies, test plans and test summary reports required to support Transition to Production processes
- Lead changes to process and procedure improvements
- Follow established enterprise practices, standards and processes
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on current system standards and department established methodologies
- Create interface mapping & specification documents to the level of detail that allows developers to code to those specifications
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- 5+ years progressive experience working in a Systems Analyst, Solution Analyst, Business Systems Analyst capacity
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data handling, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting, integrating and testing third-party enterprise applications and associated interfaces
- Strong understanding of ETL processes, tools and practices, including mapping specifications
- Fluency with scripting or programming languages is an advantage
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Able to communicate complex and technical information to peers & business audience in natural language
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work as a member of a team and independently
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment with shifting priorities