Senior Business Development Consultant (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Consultant to support our growth initiatives with clients in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. This is an ideal role for an energetic sales professional who is motivated to build a growing portfolio in the group benefits market.
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise, West, you are a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and can build long-term relationships with key senior individuals at current and prospective clients. You are adept at building a sales plan, have demonstrated sales growth and a track record in the employee benefits space.
In addition, you are consultative and enjoy uncovering a prospective client’s needs and requirements through the RFP process. You can engage your team to deliver solid proposals and conduct high quality presentations that support the client’s goals and objectives and bring in new business.
- Responsible for meeting annual business development goals
- Responsible for growing sales within the assigned geographic area or region, industry or sector, or product group
- Collaborating with the Business Development team, identifying creative opportunities for growth by providing enhanced value through unique solutions and insights
- Identifies sales opportunities by prospecting and networking, and builds and manages an appropriate sales pipeline
- Serves as the lead on interactions and communications with prospective clients
- Manages the end-to-end sales cycle of group insurance, retirement, administration, wellness, HR services and/or related products
- Considers and develops strategies for new or emerging channels of growth potential
- Creates a formal, annual sales plan
- Establishes the value proposition and understands the go to market strategies within the existing suite of products and services and from the broader offerings of People Corporation’s products, capabilities and services
- Develops pricing strategies and tracks competitive market costs
- Identifies the client’s strategic needs, Total Rewards strategy, and benefits philosophy and recommends appropriate plan design, services, products and cost mitigation strategies
- Works in close collaboration with the Executive Sponsor, Marketing and Underwriting teams to develop pricing for new clients
- Prepares and delivers on-site presentations to clients and prospective clients to educate, and to present the suite of People Corporation group benefits, retirement, administration, wellness, HR and other products and services
- Presents, coordinates and reviews all proposals and finalist materials provided to clients and to potential clients
- Ensures that prospective client needs and requirements are fully understood and represented in the design of RFP and finalist presentations
- Promotes and maintains client satisfaction with products, services and support
- Responsible to ensure that all sales data and information is tracked accurately and in a timely manner, using our CRM system
- Works closely with the VP and Executive Sponsor to monitor activity including pipeline generation, sales stages, closing and reporting revenue
- Ensures that all customer service requirements and commitments align with, and are delivered in accordance with, established requirements and expectations
- Establishes relationships across our organization
- Minimum five (5) years of group insurance experience specifically including consulting experience
- Exceptional sales, business and financial acumen, with a proven track record of meeting new business sales targets in a B2B consultative environment
- A Challenger sales style, with strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully.
- Exceptional communication skills demonstrated through compelling sales presentations and client interactions.
- Thorough knowledge of group insurance, retirement and related product sales and client service and support.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a client-service oriented focus and the projection of a professional image and style.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal service providers such as; Account Team, Marketing, Underwriting and Pricing, Finance, Service Managers, Practice Leads and others.