Senior Benefits Consultant (Toronto, ON)
At People Corporation we are committed to helping businesses succeed. We are a national provider of benefits, retirement, wealth, wellness, and human resource solutions. Our experts and solutions serve over 20,000 clients representing nearly 3 million Canadians. We offer customized solutions designed to fit the unique needs of businesses and their employees, members and stakeholders.
We are seeking a Senior Benefits Consultant to join our growing team!
- Lead and manage the overall relationship of a block of clients including strategic consulting advice, service delivery, financial management, plan design, pricing strategies, analyzes trends, negotiate renewals, and benchmarking
- Develop and implement strategies and activities to support client retention
- Maintain positive relations with clients and client decision makers
- Manage client expectations and effectively deal with concerns or issues
- Identify the client’s group insurance risks and recommends appropriate plan design and cost mitigation strategies.
- Develop annual client plans to ensure clients are receiving value added service and that the work being produced aligns with client goals and objectives
- Accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects
- Identify creative opportunities for growth within client block through multi-product selling and providing enhanced value through unique solution generation.
- Active participation in prospecting for and securing new clients from leads generated through competitive bid sites, targeted proactive networking and referrals
- Continuing education to maintain a high level of knowledge of employee benefit legislation, administrative issues, plan rules, claim management and client specific procedures
- Participate in industry conferences, seminars, etc. in order to promote services and keep abreast of industry trends and activities
- Represent People Corporation in the market and be a successful brand ambassador.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the complete line of People Corporation products and services.
Foster and develop positive supplier relations to enable strong partnerships for your clients
- Provide coaching and mentorship to technical/analyst team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, shared services, practice areas, etc. across the organization.
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in group benefits in a client facing or consulting capacity providing strategic and innovative solutions to clients’ complex benefits challenges
- Deep expertise and understanding of the group benefits industry including funding arrangements and flex programs
- Experience with public sector clients an asset
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and strong team player who works well with internal and external stakeholders
- A solution and results oriented individual who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide deliverables as identified in a timely manner
- Proficiency and comfort working with multi-channel technology
- Completion of or the ability to complete the Life License Qualification Program (within 90 days of joining)
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Valid Driver’s License and Vehicle
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or CEBS designation or currently working towards it