Bilingual Senior Benefits Analyst (Montreal, Quebec)
The Senior Benefits Analyst will be responsible for analyzing plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
- Develop and maintain ongoing positive relationships with carriers, brokers, and Account Managers.
- Prepare market specifications for clients using both internal and external quoting systems.
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals; prepare cost comparisons and make recommendations related to the best option for the client.
- Coordinate new business implementation with Account Management and Implementation team.
- Perform ad hoc investigations of claims data in order to explain trends to Consultants/Account Managers so they may provide accurate information to client.
- Gather necessary data and perform analysis of estimated cost impact of plan design alterations for self-insured clients.
- Prepare client renewal reporting and reviews, including negotiations with insurers and completing the renewal cycle with reporting and commentary.
- Support new sales and revenue growth targets.
- Provide underwriting consulting services to various stakeholders.
- Support working relationships with Plan Sponsors, Plan Administrators and Representatives.
- Collaborate with other departments on processes and new product implementation.
- Track ongoing work and regularly update workflow systems as required.
- Perform other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 5 years of Group Benefits underwriting experience.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- CEBS designation or working towards the CEBS designation considered an asset.
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Solid understanding of various underwriting and funding arrangements.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands in order to meet client and company needs.
- Knowledge of MS products including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, against deadlines and with little supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible and open to change.