Senior Analyst (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
Reporting to Vice President, Partner Excellence the Senior Analyst in an integral component of the Partner Solutions team. They ensure the success of a high performing team by providing insights into the performance, reporting, and metrics of several lines of business. They manage the maintenance, improvement, and dissemination of all performance results within the Partner Solutions.
- Synthesize data and focus on key, relevant business insights into meaningful KPI reporting and visualizations to present to the team.
- Create models to understand how new business impacts existing channels and highlight potential risk factors.
- Communicate insights and recommendations that contribute to the development of business driving strategies to broader team via group presentation and one on one.
- Develops detailed work plans, resource plans and milestone delivery deadlines to achieve project goals.
- Support ad-hoc requests and investigations in a timely manner and suggest/implement solutions.
- Support consulting and management team with tracking new sales and prospect funnel dashboard and providing monthly/quarterly updates.
- Participates in meetings, calls, and communicates with consultants as a senior business partner.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in business intelligence in a consulting centric environment.
- Demonstrated ability to transform conceptual reporting goals into deliverable dashboards created in Microsoft Excel. Excel abilities (functions, graphing, nesting) and problem-solving abilities will be tested. Intermediate to advanced Excel is expected.
- Post secondary education degree + continued professional development required.
- Developed financial acumen, excellence with financial analysis, and ability to translate data into insight.
- Direct experience establishing, maintaining, and improving KPI reporting and forecasting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business, consulting team practice, and management team objectives.
- Determine, review, and document reporting requirements necessary to meet team objectives.
- Gather date, analyse trend, and determine data integrity through analysis across multiple sources.
- Test, document, and solicit feedback from team to ensure analysis is meaningful and provides actionable forecasting.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability, reliability, adaptability, and innovation in accomplishing day to day work and long-term goals.
- Set appropriate expectations and standards, evaluate effectiveness of outputs and hold people accountable for meeting agreed upon commitments.
- Foster open communication, listen to others, and value all opinions.
- Act in a respectful manner to influence an outcome, impact, or effect.
- Seek to understand and build on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated by experience in building value add relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in Group Insurance, Retirement and related product client service and growth strategies and tactics an asset.