Senior Accountant (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
People Corporation is a leading national provider of group benefits, group retirement and human resource services with over 900 employees servicing over 8,000 clients of all sizes from start-up stage to enterprise. The Company has offices across Canada; each led by a team of experts and backed by the resources of a national company that is traded on the TSX-V. Managing approximately $2 billion in annual premiums, and administering $10 billion in pension assets, our industry experts provide uniquely valuable insight while customizing our innovative suite of services to the specific needs of our clients.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our high-performing Finance team in our in Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
Reporting to our Assistant Controller, you will partner with departments across the organization to provide support and continuously contribute to and drive our financials. You are enthusiastic, detailed oriented and are known to roll up your sleeves to go beyond expectations in fast paced environment.
You will play a pivotal role in our accounting team where you will work on general ledger/ full-cycle accounting functions, performance management and financial analysis, and financial reporting. This is an exciting role if you are looking to join an excellent team with a great support structure in place to ensure success in this role. You will be joining a tenured team of accountants in an entrepreneurial and rapidly growing company with lots of future opportunities.
- Acts as a key member of the period-end close process
- Preparing journal entries
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, such as prepaid expenses, trade and non-trade payable accruals, payroll/ bonus accruals, inter-company balances, fixed assets and depreciation
- Works collaboratively with the Finance team, including revenue/ receivables and expenses/ payables, to complete daily full-cycle accounting duties
- Provides support to the internal performance management function through revenue and expense analysis and variance explanations
- Participating in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to assist with their accounting and informational needs
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and projects
- 3 Years relevant work experience
- CPA designation or close to completion
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail