Senior Accountant (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our high-performing Finance team in our in Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
As a key member of our full-cycle accounting team, you will partner with departments across the organization to provide support and drive our financial processes and results. You are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and are known to roll up your sleeves to go beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be responsible to provide accurate, timely, and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders of the Company from which they are able to make informed decisions.
You will be part of a tenured team of accountants in an entrepreneurial and high-growth organization. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of an exceptional team with a great support structure in place to ensure success and career progression.
- Acts as a key member of the full-cycle transactional accounting team to ensure that transactions are recorded per the Company’s policies
- Works collaboratively with the full-cycle transactional accounting team to complete the period-end close process including reviewing and posting transactional batches, preparing journal entries, completing account reconciliations, balancing inter-company accounts, and other tasks as relevant to the close process
- Provides detailed transactional support to the internal performance management function for revenue and expense analysis, variance explanations, preparing business narratives, and the budgeting and forecasting process
- Acts as the key liaison between Finance and operations to address accounting and informational needs
- Supports the quarterly review/ external audit process through the preparation of variance analysis, supporting working papers, and liaising between external auditors and operational accounting
- Supports the integration efforts of newly acquired entities into the Sage 300 environment and implementation of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Supports the Assistant Controller in daily operational accounting functions
- Additional reporting and analysis, such as sales reporting, as required by Management
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- 4 years of progressive and relevant accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE 300)
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, internal control frameworks, and applicable regulations