Senior Accountant – Billing & Data Operations (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Since 2006, People Corporation has acquired numerous companies and increased their workforce to over 1000 employees; they are financially strong and continue to be on a growth trajectory. Reporting to the Manager, Billing & Data Operations – Group Solutions, the Senior Accountant is accountable for the overall financial management of operational client accounting which includes financial governance and responsibility for; analyzing, monitoring, reporting, communicating, and delivering financial results in accordance with regional plans and financial requirements.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Supervise local operations within the HealthSource Plus client accounting department and provide direction to assigned regional client accounting staff.
- Consult and collaborate with both regional and client teams on their financial and business performance.
- Ensure application and effective administration and operations of People Corporation Finance policies, procedures and practices and within the client accounting department.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Trust Financial Statements and necessary variance analysis.
- Review Corporate Trust banking reconciliations prepared by team members.
- Prepare GL account reconciliations including; sub ledger reviews, intercompany analysis, trust segment reconciliation, client liability analysis, tax reconciliation, and client deposit confirmation.
- Coordinate with Corporate Finance on quarterly and annual external audits; owning preparation and distribution of audit requests.
- Manage reporting on client A/R balances (risk and exposure modeling).
- Communicate regularly with representatives as it relates to client payment, collection, manual invoicing, and ad-hoc reporting / problem solving.
- Manage process and review during key accounting timelines.
- Provide mentorship, and supervise members within the Billing and Data Operations team.
- Liaison for corporate stakeholders and Billing & Administration Platform owners to develop ongoing reporting and data visualization tools for broader business application.
- Employ use of SQL Database knowledge to continually support ongoing technical and development initiatives as required by the business units.
- Provides local leadership to support special or ad-hoc projects and activities within the region or business unit as required.
- Driving for Results; Works persistently to achieve goals, plans and targets
- Planning /Organizing; Monitors ongoing adherence to finance, trust funding performance and operational plans.
- Financial Acumen; Advanced understanding of and ability to apply the competency in a full range of situations.
- Systems Security & Data Integrity; Complete understanding of all privacy policies and regulations. Takes utmost caution while preparing and distributing reporting and metrics that are inclusive of sensitive sponsor and member data.
Preferred Experience and Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma with major in Finance, Accounting Commerce or related field.
- CPA membership with at least 5-7 years of work experience post designate with a major accounting firm or other relevant finance and accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large amounts of data and existing spreadsheets and tracking documents.
- Knowledge of VRA and VRO with the ability to create automated work flows
- Hands on working knowledge with SQL Server Programming
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server services including SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
- Ability to liaise effectively with various levels of management as well as ability to establish relationships with external suppliers and customers
- Adaptable; actively embraces and manages change
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and displays a collaborative attitude.