Security Architect (Winnipeg, MB, Toronto, ON or Calgary, AB)
A financially strong and growing company, People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory across Canada. Since 2006 we have acquired numerous companies and increased the workforce to over 1000 employees.
Reporting to the VP of Architecture & Data Platforms, as Security Architect, you collaborate within the Security domain supporting enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture domains. You will be an authority within the security domain, providing concise communication of security standards, patterns, and technical guidance.
You will play a crucial role working with other architects, application, and operational teams in facilitating knowledge sharing sessions, communicating standards, and ensuring risk built into various solution supports the overall risk appetite of the organization.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and integrate them in security architecture as needed.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate them.
- Serve as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business.
- Create, maintain & evolve security reference architecture for the organization.
- Assess Information Security requirements and control objectives; collaborate with technology teams to update, design, and implement new controls as required.
- Utilize risk-based approaches to assess regulatory and compliance issues, and security requirements.
- Create and refresh security blueprints related to security technologies such as SIEM, Vulnerability Management, UEBA, IRP, SOC process.
- Work with service providers and SOC as an L4 escalation contact for detection and response.
- Research and collaborate with various internal and external partners on security threats, solutions, and leading practices.
- Create and maintain security architecture artifacts to leverage security capabilities in new initiatives and operations.
- Participate & contribute to Technology Design Authority & Solution Decision sessions.
- Develop strong relationships that enable advocating for security requirements and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) relevant to Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering.
- You have a strong technical background with a deep understanding of Information Security and Cyber Security concepts, controls, technical and governance principles.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills and can effectively collaborate with various teams and stakeholders.
- You are able to prioritize and work effectively under pressure.
- You are comfortable working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, or GIAC/GSEC is an asset.