Revenue Manager (Winnipeg, MB)
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Supervisor, Revenue and Variable Compensation to join our high-performing Finance team in our Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
As a member of the Finance team, the Supervisor, Revenue and Variable Compensation is responsible for revenue and variable compensation functions including administering revenue recognition, accounts receivable, deferred revenue, internal and external commission expense, and other variable compensation programs.
This role is also responsible for recruiting, managing, training, and monitoring programs, while providing feedback on annual work plans including goal and objective setting, and continuously motivating and enhancing the professional development of the team.
You will be part of a tenured team of accountants in an entrepreneurial and high-growth organization. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of an exceptional team with a great support structure in place to ensure success and career progression.
- Manage the revenue and variable compensation requirements of month end accounting close process
- Revenue recognition in accordance with Company’s policy
- Accounts receivable which includes timely and accurate invoicing to clients, and collections
- Perform deferred revenue and other revenue related transactions
- Variable compensation which includes calculation of commissions and other variable compensation programs in accords with contractual agreement and documented programs
- Manage the company’s monthly revenue flash reporting
- Support month end accounting close process as needed
- Manage the revenue and variable compensation requirements of the annual audit process
- Assist in managing the revenue and variable compensation requirements of the annual planning and budget process.
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory/managerial role
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with different levels of management and staff
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on, detail oriented, and can effectively prioritize tasks and manage deliverables in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE 300) is an asset
- Experienced in similar finance related role is an asset
- B.COM or MBA an asset