Revenue Coordinator (Winnipeg, MB)
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Revenue Coordinator to join our high-performing Finance team in our Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
Reporting to our Senior Accountant in the operational accounting team, you will play an integral role in the daily operations of our revenue team. You are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and are known to roll up your sleeves to go beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment.
You will be part of a tenured team of accountants in an entrepreneurial and high-growth organization. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of an exceptional team with a great support structure in place to ensure success and career progression.
- Full-cycle revenue process for the entities to which you have been assigned.
- Receive commission statements and record commission revenue into the Sage 300 accounting system.
- Reconcile and apply cash receipts.
- Record and reconcile deferred revenue.
- Analyze sales reports for budget variances.
- Perform all month-end close activities relating to receivables and revenue, including subledger reconciliation.
- Maintain subledgers by adding new clients and carriers, as applicable.
- Act as a primary liaison with internal (division leaders) and external (insurance carriers) stakeholders in regards to outstanding supporting documentation and reconciliation discrepancies.
- Calculate and prepare third-party broker commission payments, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or diploma in a related field.
- Experience in a similar finance-related role is an asset.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with different levels of management and staff.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on, detail oriented, and can effectively prioritize tasks and manage deliverables in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative.