Regional Vice President, Benefit Solutions – Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity, our consistent organic growth, and commitment and dedication to our clients continue to define our group benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Benefit Solutions, the Regional Vice President is accountable for all client and market facing activities of Coughlin Ottawa. As a member of the Benefit Solutions senior leadership team, this role is responsible for ensuring client retention and growth goals are met. This role will positively impact change within the organization by championing innovation, new services, technology, and processes to clients and team members.
The Regional Vice President is responsible to:
- Lead a team of client facing multi and single employer benefit and pension professionals towards the achievement of divisional client retention and growth targets.
- Monitor and forecast budgets to ensure the division meets or exceeds its tactical and strategic objectives.
- Expand services provided to both existing and new clients and ensure that all growth and service opportunities have been exhausted with exiting and net new clients.
- Promote a culture of engagement that reflects People Corporation values with respect to leadership, performance, and professional development.
- Implement and maintain processes/systems/tools that support the effective management and monitoring of business planning and priorities, including, budget planning and forecasting.
- Monitor the market for trends in client and customer behaviour, circumstances, and opportunities to increase client service opportunities.
- Identify, mitigate, and report on client and market risks to Divisional goals and objectives.
What you’ll need to meet the expectations of the Regional Vice President role:
- 10+ years of progressive experience leading and managing client and organic growth and retention within a customer centric environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing client facing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Group Insurance, Retirement and related products and solutions in the Single/Corporate and/or Multi-employer environment. growth.
- Post secondary education degree + continued professional development required.
- Developed financial acumen, excellence with financial analysis, and ability to translate data into insight.
- Proven track record of success, leading, developing and implementing business strategies requiring knowledge and understanding of the industry.
- Direct experience in establishing, forecasting, and achieving growth targets.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated by experience in building value add relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You can be successful on our team if you:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the needs of the customer (Plan sponsor & Plan member) and focus on anticipating, meeting, and exceeding those needs.
- Demonstrate strength in planning and organizing the actions and priorities of others (and self), including managing and coordinating tasks, project plans according to approved principles and within agreed parameters.
- Use time and resources effectively to achieve desired results. Have determination in the face of obstacles to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required results.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability, reliability, adaptability, and innovation in accomplishing day to day work and long-term goals.
- Foster open communication, listen to others, and value all opinions.
- Act in a respectful manner to influence an outcome, impact, or effect.
- Readily share information, knowledge, and personal strengths.
- Seek to understand and build on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, please forward a detailed cover letter and resume to the attention of Mathieu Thevenot via firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12, 2021.