Principal (Managing Benefits Consultant), Toronto, Ontario
We are in search of an individual to join our Group Solutions Ontario team to further support our objectives of client retention and growth.
As our Principal, Managing Benefits Consultant, you will work closely with our clients to understand their Total Rewards and Business Objectives and translate those needs into group benefit solutions. You will also provide senior consulting services and lead your consulting team on client mandates to ensure the scope and understanding of the initiatives are delivered with exceptional quality and service. In this role, you will be the senior front line representative for our clients and will actively contribute to the success of People Corporation.
Reporting to the VP, Group Solutions Ontario, you will use your expertise in benefits consulting, business and sales acumen to deliver solutions to clients. Your excellent communication skills will create and deliver compelling presentations that highlight our product and services. Keenly focussed on client retention, you will develop and implement strategies and activities that build exceptional business relationships with our existing clients and key decision makers including the C-Suite.
Your dedication to delivering solutions that add value to Total Rewards Projects and your desire to take pride in delivering high quality client interactions will make you a successful Principal with People Corporation.
- Manage the overall client relationship, promote and maintain positive relations
- Consult with the client to understand their corporate goals and total rewards objectives and ensure these are represented in the service delivery and design of group insurance plans and programs
- Act as the lead on client interaction and communication, including the coordination of reviews and proposals ensuring they are accurate, complete, current, appropriate and support the clients’ goals
- Work closely with our analytics and underwriting teams to develop pricing for new clients and the renewal of existing clients
- Create and deliver Annual Client plans to ensure clients are receiving value-added service and ensure the work produced is aligned with the clients’ expectations.
- Ensure the Executive Sponsor is aligned on all projects and the consulting teams understand their roles and objectives in the delivery
- Prepare and deliver on-site presentations to clients and prospective clients to educate, inform and present the suite of our products and services
- Manages the end-to-end sales cycle of group insurance, retirement and/or related products including identifying opportunities, prospecting, networking and building an appropriate sales pipeline
- Responsible to grow sales through the identification of new clients or through our existing client roster by promoting broader offerings of our products, capabilities and services
- Responsible to track all at risk, business development and client information, accurately and in a timely manner
- Minimum ten (10) years’ group insurance experience specifically with client management and / or consulting experience
- Post-secondary education in commerce, marketing or related discipline
- Expert knowledge of group benefits, group retirement and related products and services
- Exceptional consulting leadership, business development and financial acumen
- Strong communication skills demonstrated through compelling client and business development presentations and interactions
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act as a brand ambassador for People Corporation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal service providers such as; Leadership, Executive Sponsor, Underwriting and Pricing, Finance, Consulting team, peers in other disciplines and others
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully.
- Valid and current LLQP and ongoing Continuing Education