Payroll Administrator (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll and Benefits, we are looking for an experienced, highly organized, detail-oriented Payroll Administrator to join our Corporate Finance team based in our Winnipeg Corporate Office. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for administering payroll activities across People Corporation.
- Complete full cycle semi-monthly payroll for 18 companies.
- Entry of payroll changes including new hires, terminations, salary changes, position assignments, employee transfers, ROE information and other employee related updates into payroll system (currently ADPWFN).
- Maintain balancing reports detailing semi-monthly payroll activity for submission to Manager, Payroll & Benefits.
- Respond to Service Canada inquiries relative to ROE’s.
- Calculate vacation and stat holiday pay for hourly employees and enter into system.
- Provide new hires with information to access to the payroll portal.
- Communication with managers and employees relative to payroll inquiries.
- Reconcile and complete remittances for RRSP, DPSP and TFSA funding.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of Employee files.
- Manage employee vacation and sick time trackers.
- Assist with year-end adjustments and processing of T4’s and T4A’s.
- Ensure that payroll related legislative requirements are met.
- Liaise with Benefits Administrator to ensure new hire and employee change information is transitioned for update with various benefits providers.
- Provide back up support for the Benefits Administrator and the Manager, Payroll and Benefits.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification (CPA Level I).
- Knowledge of payroll-related federal and provincial legislation for all provinces.
- Bilingual candidates (EN/FR) are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Understanding of basic accounting practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of ADP WorkForce Now is an asset.