Medical Underwriting Service Specialist (Winnipeg, MB)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
We are in search of a dynamic individual to join our team as a Medical Underwriting Service Specialist to actively contribute to the success of People Corporation by providing excellent service and support to our valued clients.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Medical Underwriting, you will bring your results-driven outlook and highly developed organizational skills to be successful in this front-of-the line support position. This role holds responsibility for a variety of tasks including application review, assisting in obtaining medical underwriting requirements and making basic medical underwriting decisions within an established decision framework.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day medical underwriting requests and the ongoing general administration and maintenance of group client activities.
- Review applications and identify situations requiring medical underwriting per carrier guidelines.
- Assess applications and follow clear case medical underwriting guidelines. Submit application to carrier where required.
- Interact with clients, advisors, and plan members to provide information in response to inquiries.
- Obtain, analyze and verify the accuracy of information in a timely manner.
- Maintain internal systems to accurately reflect medical underwriting decisions.
- Provide support to Implementation and Client Services where applicants require medical underwriting.
- Initiate and/or implement corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of client satisfaction are maintained.
Preferred Experience and Skill Set
- 2+ years of experience in the group benefits industry
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with benefit administration systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Client focused with an unwavering commitment to service excellence