Manager, Treasury (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Manager, Treasury to join our high-performing Finance team in our in Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
As a key member of our Corporate finance team, you will partner with departments across the organization to provide support and drive our financial process and results through effective treasury management. You are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and are known to roll up your sleeves to go beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment.
You will be part of a tenured team of accountants in an entrepreneurial and high-growth organization. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of an exceptional team with a great support structure in place to ensure success and career progression.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining the cash management process for the organization, including cash flow forecasting, planning, collections and disbursements, and management of financial institution relationships
- Work collaboratively with revenue/ receivables, accounts payable, payroll, and other finance stakeholders to forecast cash position through understanding of the cash cycle
- Maintain a rolling cash flow forecast
- Prepare debt covenant reporting to lending partners and act as a key liaison with respect to borrowing requirements
- Liaise with financial institutions to address any account issues and queries
- Responsible for bank account administration, including setting up new accounts, signing authorities, and other queries
- Co-ordinate significant payments, including draws on credit facilities and payments relating to acquisitions, principal and interest, deal measurement payments, and dividends through multiple web-based banking platforms
- Work collaboratively with accounts payable on the trade payables process to ensure payments are timely and vendor payment inquiries are done appropriately
- Maintain integrity and accuracy in financial transactions and reports
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with specific relevant experience in treasury management activities
- Solid understanding of controls and risks as they relate to cash management operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and the development of financial models and forecasting
- Highly motivated with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE 300) is an asset
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including being able to work effectively with stakeholders across the organization with various backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks