Manager, Specialized Services (Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients. This transformational opportunity is perfect for the relationship-focused leader who excels in transformational change to the client experience and who values the development of strong relationships and partnerships.
We are in search of a dynamic Employee Benefits professional to join our Group Solutions team as a Manager, Specialized Services, reporting to the VP, National Client Services. The Manager, Specialized Services is responsible for the direct leadership of our newly formed Documents team and provides critical support to our other Client Services teams in various areas such as performance measurement and reporting, workload balancing, project liaison, process excellence, training and quality assurance.
This position requires an individual with a positive, can-do attitude and approach and who wants to be a “builder” working in a fast paced environment. Industry knowledge of various carriers and claims payers is an asset. The successful candidate will need to be able to develop strong relationships throughout the company, be able to multi-task numerous items and think creatively with a solutions oriented focus.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Direct leadership of the Documents team. The Documents team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of standard and customized contract and/or booklet documents, ensuring their accuracy and legality, while meeting or exceeding departmental service and quality standards.
- Generation, publication and evolution of our consolidated Client Services scorecard, including tracking and measurement of key client service metrics. Work with staff from all Client Services teams to ensure they understand performance and productivity metrics.
- Workload balancing between our Client Services teams, across functions, TPAs and regions.
- Act as liaison with various corporate and client project teams. Work collaboratively with the Client Services management team to provide input into the development of the strategic vision which will involve participation in various projects and business cases. Provide assistance to the IT team to arrange user acceptance testing. Ensure the needs and opinions of Client Services are accurately represented.
- Work with Team Leaders and staff to conduct detailed end-to-end client service reviews with the purpose of improving operational systems, processes, policies, and workflows, and to implement processes and systems that will lead to increased efficiency and higher productivity.
- Ensure employees are well trained and guided by product road maps, internal work plans, knowledge-based tools and management direction. Develop and implement new training programs.
- Ensure and provide quality service to both internal and external customers. Develop, implement and monitor quality standards.
Preferred Experience and Skillset
- At least five years of experience in the Group Benefits industry.
- Advanced understanding of Group insurance benefits and provisions, and contract-related terminology.
- Previous leadership experience is a must. Project management skills would be an asset.
- Change management capabilities.
- Client focused with an unwavering commitment for service excellence.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in MS Word and Excel.
- Keen attention to details. Accuracy and quality control are extremely important.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work to deadlines to meet client and internal needs.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- College or University Degree preferred.