Manager, Learning Design (Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON)
Since 2006 People Corporation has acquired numerous companies and increased their workforce to over 1000 employees; we are financially strong organization and continue to be on a growth trajectory. To support the transformation of our evolving business, People Corporation is looking for a driven and influential Manager, Learning Design to lead the development of training programs that cultivate a sustainable, high-performing internal talent pipeline to support People Corporations change agenda.
As a key member of the Human Resources team reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Manager, Learning Design will be responsible for owning the complete learning plan. In addition, this role is responsible for the design and development of modern and engaging training programs, will influence all aspects of organizational learning, and will be responsible for identifying technology to support learning delivery.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Design, launch, evaluate and manage development programs, including coaching and development, and technical training.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand learning needs and create relevant learning content. Research and provide multiple options for learning content delivery.
- Support cross-functional teams in developing targeted learning solutions to meet specified business objectives.
- Assess, evaluate and propose solutions and plans to continually iterate and improve learning development and production processes.
- Create visually engaging training content using innovative and new techniques.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage the overall project, ensuring resources are made available, and a consistent training experience is delivered.
- Function as the subject matter expert and ensure that effective test plans are implemented.
- Develop measurement strategies to demonstrate business and learner impact and effectiveness, and identify root causes of project-related issues and recommend solutions.
Preferred Experience and Skillset
- 5-10 years’ experience working in learning and development, including instructional design experience and evidenced ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Post-Secondary in instructional design, curriculum development or related field is considered an asset.
- A passion for employee development, motivation and coaching, with the ability to create and sustain strong working partnerships and trusted relationships with all stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational development/learning needs and develop, implement and evaluate programs, ideally geared towards technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer service or client experience learning is considered an asset.
- Experience using a variety of mediums, and tools to create modern content.
- Experience with Adobe Suite and web-based course development.
- Ability to work autonomously and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional skills in communication, facilitation, critical thinking and research.
- Bilingual (EN/FR) candidates are strongly encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter.