Manager, Learning Design (Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON)
To support the transformation of our fast-growing and evolving business, People Corporation is looking for a driven and influential Manager, Learning & Development to provide leadership to the organization on learning solutions and methodology tailored to project-based initiatives. The successful candidate will influence and develop training programs that cultivate a sustainable, high-performing internal talent pipeline to support People Corporation’s client facing, technology and HR initiatives.
As a key member of the Human Resources team reporting directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Manager, Learning & Development will lead learning programs and projects, and will develop training plans for diverse stakeholders. In addition, this role will influence organizational learning across the enterprise, and will partner on identifying technology to support learning delivery and the development of a comprehensive learning platform. They will oversee instructional design and E-learning for Transformation projects, including managing third party contractors as needed
As the Manager, Learning Development you will be responsible to:
- Work with business partners, key stakeholders, and executives to understand learning needs and create a relevant learning plan. Research and provide multiple options for learning content delivery utilizing adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies
- Assess, evaluate and propose solutions and plans to continually iterate and improve learning development and production processes.
- Lead key players and/or contractors to create visually engaging training content using innovative and new techniques.
- Develop detailed project and training plans and manage the overall learning projects, ensuring resources are made available, and a consistent training experience is delivered.
- Ensure that effective test plans are implemented.
- Develop measurement strategies to demonstrate business and learner impact and effectiveness, and identify root causes of project-related issues and recommend solutions.
You and Your Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience working in learning and development, including instructional design experience and evidenced ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Post-Secondary in instructional design, curriculum development or related field is considered an asset.
- A passion for employee development, motivation and coaching, with the ability to create and sustain strong working partnerships and trusted relationships with all stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational development/learning needs and develop, implement and evaluate programs, ideally geared towards technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer service or client experience learning is considered an asset.
- Experience using a variety of mediums, and tools to create modern content.
- Experience with Adobe Suite and web-based course development.
- Ability to work autonomously and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional skills in communication, facilitation, critical thinking and research.
- Bilingual (EN/FR) candidates are strongly encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter.