Manager, Facilities (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Facilities to join our team in our Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operating Officer, the Manager, Facilities will be responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, and managing all aspects of PC leased offices across Canada, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and municipal codes and regulations. The Manager, Facilities also serves as the key liaison for the landlords of PC’s Canadian-based rented properties as it pertains to all maintenance and security issues.
As the Manager, Facilities you will:
- Ensure all facilities and properties are maintained in good condition and meet standards and regulations.
- Identify and recommend cost and priorities of property maintenance and equipment requirements; building equipment, tools and supplies, and budget controls to senior management.
- Respond to emergency maintenance / security problems after hours as required.
- Coordinate and oversee projects involving interior and exterior. renovations, including coordinating with landlords and external suppliers;
- Collaborate with PC leaders to determine future state housing allocations that support an exceptional employee experience, and are aligned with hiring plans.
- Plan workspace allocation and design in new and renovating office locations, in partnership with landlords and/or interior designers, using experience in procurement of furniture and equipment, including managing logistics to ensure on-time arrivals.
- Manage facilities services including parking allocation, employee access cards, housing allocations etc.
- Manage, monitor, and negotiate the support contracts for the corporate buildings and make recommendations on improving PC’s green approach to its physical environment.
- Manage PC’s storage space at offsite locations including negotiating contracts, transporting and archiving all PC files, and the storage of old furniture. Train staff on procedures for shipping and safe storage of documentation.
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the activities of outside contractors providing property services.
- Perform light maintenance duties such as seasonal outdoor work (snow removal at entrances, salting of walkways, etc.), minor office repairs, installation of pictures or whiteboards, etc.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Act as a key member in the organization’s business continuity program development and maintenance.
You and your experience:
- Certificate in property management preferred, Certificate in project management and/or equivalent experience in managing construction projects is an asset, and five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and proven leadership skills in a work setting.
- Progressive experience with property management and maintenance.
- Supervisory experience in building management or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of office building maintenance procedures and materials.
- Knowledge of building codes and fire safety regulations.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of fire protection and security systems and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with various levels of staff and contractors.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.