Junior Product Analyst (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
To support our growing business, we are in search of a dynamic individual with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to join our Product & Underwriting team as a Coordinator, Partnerships.
The individual in this role will support the business through detailed requirements gathering with business stakeholders ensuring an understanding of group and individual insurance products and services.
- Conduct requirements gathering, data modeling and process mapping.
- Liaise with and develop functional and non-functional data requirement specifications for internal and external development teams.
- Analyze existing systems and/or business processes to understand both the business environment that the systems support and the technical environment in which they operate.
- Develop test scenarios, identify issues and provide traceability from requirements through development/configuration to delivery of process workflows and procedures.
- Support other team members by contributing to the continual improvement of methods, tools and techniques that are related to the analysis function
- Conduct functional, user acceptance testing and system integration testing.
- Contribute to benefits realizations and change management procedures and policies.
- Perform analysis related to product initiatives, by developing KPI’s related to the business unit to measure overall effectiveness and efficiency of the unit, and develop meaningful reports and dashboards.
- Compile and analyze financial information required for the preparation and monitoring of capital and operation budgets and make recommendations regarding future budget needs.
- Coordinate and review monthly and quarterly variance reports for different projects.
- Develop or support strategies, initiate internal consultation, develop policies and present same.
- Ensure appropriate information dissemination and/or briefings to Manager and/or Senior Management.
- Post-secondary education in a technology, business or finance related field.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on, progressive business analysis experience, in a services related industry (financial ideal).
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with differing audiences.
- Experienced in analyzing and presenting complex data and information.
- Creative thinker who enjoys problem solving and determining best practices.
- Ability to travel to corporate offices in other provinces.
- Capable of using project management methodologies to deliver within required timeframes.
- Experience leveraging organizational change management techniques in support of key initiatives.
- Service oriented professional who can meet and engage with stakeholders effectively, drawing out necessary information in order to apply technology to business needs.
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to manage inter-departmental work relationships.
Please submit your application in confidence to the attention of Israel Mendez by Friday, March 19th.