IT Support Specialist (Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON)
Since 1958. BPA is dedicated to providing a superior benefits experience to our members, businesses, and trusts in the local communities in which they live and operate. BPA Group is a People Corporation Company.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Support, the IT Support Specialist will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff and clients. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with a variety of software and hardware technologies to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problem while being highly communicative throughout the process. Given the range of administration duties and problems that will vary from straightforward to more complicated technical issues, a strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills are required.
This position is based out of the BPA Wilson Ave office in Toronto; however this role will also provide onsite and remote support to users at other BPA office locations and remote/mobile workers.
If you’re a seasoned IT professional who loves providing quality technical support to a team, then consider this opportunity with our organization.
- Act as a single point of contact for staff regarding IT issues and inquiries; receive, log and manage all Help Desk channels from internal staff and provide 1st and 2nd line support.
- Troubleshoot IT related problems though remote or in-person support for in-house software and hardware, including Mobile devices, PC/laptops, and Printers.
- Maintain an Asset Database and track changes for user hardware, software, and special/custom configurations.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues and escalate unresolved tickets to the Infrastructure/System Administrator support team.
- Take ownership of user problems , follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner; maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Publish support documentation to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required; provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on support trends.
- Order, build and/or deploy computer hardware such as desktops, laptops, docking stations, multiple monitor setups, including profile/data transfer from old equipment to new.
- Combination of relevant education, technical training, and professional experience will be considered.
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk and/or Technical Call Centre experience required; 2-3 years of troubleshooting experience with hardware or software customer services.
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication, as well as documenting resolution and providing other related incident closure notes.
- Experience in administering Security Groups, Active Directory, Office365 in a Microsoft-based office environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows and Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills in person, written (email), and verbal (telephone).
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation) MCP certification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows O/S, Server O/S, and all other Microsoft application and laptop troubleshooting.
- Travel to other office locations with the GTA required, coupled with good driving record and available vehicle.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (computer equipment) as needed.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential.