Group Underwriter (Toronto, ON)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and growing company to join our team as a Group Underwriter. In this role, you will manage a variety of tasks including analyzing plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
- Develop and maintain ongoing positive relationships with carriers, Account Managers and brokers
- Prepare market specifications for clients using both internal and external quoting systems
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals, prepare cost comparisons and make recommendations related to the best option for the client
- Coordinate new business implementation with account management and implementation team
- Perform ad hoc investigations of claims data in order to explain trends to consultants/account managers, for information to client.
- Gather necessary data and perform analysis of estimated cost impact of plan design alterations for self insured clients
- 5+ years group benefits underwriting experience
- CEBS designation or working towards the CEBS designation is an asset
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Solid understanding of various underwriting and funding arrangements
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands in order to meet client and company needs
- Knowledge of MS products including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, against deadlines and with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Flexible and open to change