Group Benefits Underwriter (Montreal, Quebec)
Looking for an opportunity to use your exceptional analytical skills and make sound underwriting judgements? Consider joining our team in Montreal, Quebec as our Group Benefits Underwriter.
As a member of our growing team, this role will analyze plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about group benefits, has a proven aptitude with mathematics and has strong analytical abilities.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with carriers and Account Managers.
- Prepare all proposal, renewal documents and market representation reports.
- Price new business opportunities as per established guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals and make recommendations related to the best option for the client.
- Coordinate new business implementation with account management and implementation team.
- Problem solve with plan issues with consultants and internal partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary education (preference will be given to mathematical sciences, commerce or a related field)
- Preference will be given to individuals with group underwriting experience
- Proficient and at an advanced level with MSExcel and Word
- Fully Bilingual (English & French)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work through issues to come to an effective solution