Employee Benefits Underwriter (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Looking for an opportunity to use your exceptional analytical skills to make sound underwriting judgments? Consider joining our high performing team in Winnipeg, Manitoba as our Employee Benefits Underwriter.
As a member of our growing HealthSource Plus Benefits team, this role will analyze plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about group benefits, has a proven aptitude with mathematics and has strong analytical abilities.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with carriers, Account Managers and brokers
- Running quotes on internal quote system and prepare proposal documents
- Preparing market specifications for clients
- Pricing new business opportunities as per established guidelines, processes and procedures
- Analyzing data and multiple carrier proposals and make recommendations related to the best option for the client
- Coordinating new business implementation with account management and implementation team
- Identifying plan/claims issues and recommend solutions to consultants and internal partners
- Preparing existing client renewal reporting, including negotiations with insurers
- Supporting new sales and revenue growth targets
- Corresponding with insurers on various issues and procedures
- Providing Underwriting Consulting Services to various stakeholders
- Supporting working relationships with Plan Sponsors, Plan Administrators and Representatives
- Collaborating with other departments on processes and new product implementation
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- Participating in meetings as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary education (preference will be given to mathematical sciences, commerce or a related field)
- Preference will be given to individuals with group underwriting experience
- Proficient and at an advanced level with MSExcel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work through issues to come to an effective solution
Please submit your application in confidence to the attention of Alanna Sopko by Monday, February 1st, 2021.