Employee Benefits Underwriter (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Looking for an opportunity to use your exceptional analytical skills to make sound underwriting judgments? Consider joining our high performing team in Winnipeg, Manitoba as our Employee Benefits Underwriter.
As a member of our growing HealthSource Plus Benefits team, this role will analyze plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about group benefits, has a proven aptitude with mathematics and has strong analytical abilities.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with carriers and Account Managers.
- Prepare all proposal, renewal documents and market representation reports for various funding models.
- Price new business opportunities as per established guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals and make recommendations related to the best option for the client.
- Coordinate new business implementation with account management and implementation teams.
- Develop and present solutions for various plan issues to consultants and internal partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary education (preference will be given to mathematical sciences, commerce or a related field)
- Preference will be given to individuals with group underwriting experience
- Proficient and at an advanced level with MSExcel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work through issues to come to an effective solution