Director, Platform Solutions (Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON)
A financially strong and growing company, People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory across Canada. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
Since 2006 we have acquired 29 companies and have increased the workforce to over 1000 employees. Technology and solutions plays a critical role in this growth and we are recruiting a Director, Platform Solutions to work closely with our business partners, delivery, and development teams to manage our enterprise wide Single-Employer Billing and Administration Platform. This includes, delivering on solutions for our internal staff, clients, and advisors as well as engaging in negotiation, feature prioritization and project execution within budget and timelines.
This is a highly visible role in interacting with stakeholders at all levels of our organization, balancing both the customer and business needs while maintaining a pulse on the competitive market landscape.
- Communicate line of business vision internally and present strategic direction to existing and future clients.
- Define, drive and execute on a product release schedule.
- Work closely with a team of Business Systems Analysts, Solution Architects, and Project Managers to ensure application backlog is maintained, requirements are complete, and release management process is defined, communicated on, and managed.
- Define, plan, and deliver products, services, and capabilities for features through a comprehensive product roadmap while tracking important milestones.
- Provide communications and organizational readiness to prepare the platform user base.
- Measure team velocity and forecast how much backlog can be completed by a specified date.
- Work with the team, other Product Owners and Managers to define process improvements and features that can improve development.
- You are analytical, communicate well, enjoy challenges and are someone who continually looks for ways to improve offerings.
- You are an experienced product manager, having proven experience in developing and delivering innovative products to market.
- You have experience in the Insurance, Group Benefits, Group Retirement or Financial Services Industry.
- You’re experienced in developing product road maps and journey mapping in an Agile environment.
- You’re a strategic thinker who can also roll up your sleeves and execute on tactics – delivering large-scale implementations or transformation type projects and system integrations.
- You are customer service focused and are a solutions-oriented leader.