Consultant, Group Retirement Solutions (Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC)
This is an exciting time to join People Corporation. Our high level of acquisition activity and our consistent organic growth continue to define and further enhance our benefits, pension, and HR products and services and how they are delivered to our clients.
We are looking for a Consultant, Group Retirement Solutions, responsible for contributing to the business growth, profitability and stability of the line of business by building and retaining a client base. The individual in this role will develop strong relationships with their assigned block of business through proactive account management and regular client contact, ensuring optimal service is being provided.
- Prospect, win and retain incremental new business/client consulting relationships
- Identify new target markets; optimize results through existing channels
- Present solutions according to the potential customer’s business needs
- Maintain relationships and deliver Consulting services to an assigned block of accounts
- Ensure Client Service standards and client retention rates are maintained
- Develop, document, report on, and execute a sales strategy to meet established targets
- Monitor results through various distribution strategies (co-brokers, COI, associations, direct B2B, referrals, follow me, etc.)
- Monitor competitive landscape on market trends, pricing, products, services, etc.
- Effectively position People Corporation within the market
- Develop relationships with brokers, actuarial consultants and supplier partners throughout the group retirement market in Canada, ensuring the most positive lasting impression of People Corporation
- Achieve new business, client retention targets
- Successful network of contacts within large enterprise accounts, supplier and 3rd party supplier community
- Management of sales pipeline, forecasting and reporting
- Demonstrated evolution of People Corporation retirement consulting services and value proposition
- 10 years’ experience in the pension industry with proven ability to build strong business relationships
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing experience with the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Exceptional business and financial acumen
- Professionalism in internal and external communications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills
- RPA, CEBS designation considered and asset
- Life licensed, or willingness to complete
- Willingness to travel as needed upon return to business as usual
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- A willingness to have fun with the team, be adaptive to change, a desire for new challenges, and a passion for the client experience is mandatory!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to the attention of Chris Walker by Tuesday, January 19th, 2021.