Client Consultant (Ottawa, Ontario)
People Corporation is a leading national provider of group benefits, group retirement and human resource services with over 900 employees servicing over 8,000 clients of all sizes from start-up stage to enterprise. The Company has offices across Canada; each led by a team of experts and backed by the resources of a national company that is traded on the TSX-V. Managing approximately $2 billion in annual premiums, and administering $10 billion in pension assets, our industry experts provide uniquely valuable insight while customizing our innovative suite of services to the specific needs of our clients.
We have a new opportunity in Ottawa, Ontario to support our high-performing Coughlin team. In this role you will be responsible for managing an assigned block of business of important group benefits accounts. You will provide leadership as well as manage multi-functional activities including client benefit plans and/or trust funds, analyzing financial reports, and interacting with providers. You will be focused on client retention and will have responsibly to grow the block through a variety of sales strategies.
We are looking for someone who is energetic and is results-driven with highly developed client service skills. You are known for providing memorable service to your clients and your dedication to this makes you a successful Client Consultant
- Develops and implements strategies relating to client retention, renewals sales and quality services
- Directs the strategic planning for client renewal and retention strategies for an assigned block of clients
- Maintains productive working relationships and expands sales with existing clients by developing and implementing sales strategies to achieve membership growth
- Directly manages business relationships for assigned clients. Plans and administers the various employee benefits programs
- Analyzes and develop clients’ benefits programs and recommends alternatives to better meet clients’ employees’ needs
- Tracks benefits costs in order to recommend updates to improve employee benefit plans,
including cost-saving measures and pricing strategies.
- Develops and coordinates the client’s risk management programs and directs the planning and
administration of clients’ various employee benefit programs.
- Assists clients in interpreting benefit policies and procedures. Prepares and delivers
presentations to clients.
- Makes on-site presentations to clients and prospective clients to educate, inform, and enroll
- Develops new markets, recommends improvements in products and services, and develops sales
strategies to meet operating and financial goals.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in group benefits, & TPA in a client facing or customer service role
- Excellent understanding of benefits administration systems and a strong understanding of the TPA environment
- Self-motivated, can work independently
- Completion of the Life License Qualification Program
- Valid Driver’s License and Vehicle
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- High level of productivity while ensuring standards are upheld and the ability to prioritize between multiple and competing demands
- Strong understanding of industry standards and expectations in working with external and internal advisors
- Customer service focused but comfortable taking the lead in the sales process
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times when dealing with user-facing issues
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide deliverables as identified in a timely manner;
- Sensitivity to confidential information