Business Development Consultant Enterprise (Ontario)
Support our growth initiatives with national enterprise clients as our newest Business Development Consultant. This is an ideal role for an energetic sales professional who is motivated to build a growing portfolio in the group benefits market.
Reporting to the VP, Group Solutions Ontario, you are an individual who has strong interpersonal skills and can build long-term relationships with key senior individuals at current and prospective clients. You are adept at building sales plan and achieving sales growth and have a track record in the enterprise space.
In addition, you are consultative and enjoy uncovering a prospective client’s needs and requirements through the RFP process. You can engage your team to deliver solid proposals and conduct high quality presentations that support the client’s goals and objectives and bring in new business.
- Responsible for meeting annual business development goals
- Responsible for growing sales within the assigned geographic area or region, industry or sector, or product group
- Creates sales strategies within an assigned size, geographic area, industry or sector and/or product line
- Manages the end-to-end sales cycle of group insurance, retirement, administration, wellness, HR services and/or related products
- Identifies sales opportunities by prospecting and networking, and builds an appropriate sales pipeline
- Considers and develops strategies for new or emerging channels of growth potential
- Creates a formal, annual sales plan
- Establishes the value proposition and understands the go to market strategies within the existing suite of products and services and from the broader offerings of People Corporation’s products, capabilities and services
- Ensures that prospective client needs and requirements are fully understood and represented in the design of RFP and finalist presentations
- Recommends benefits plan design and cost saving measures
- Develops pricing strategies and tracks competitive market costs
- Identifies the client’s strategic needs, Total Rewards strategy, and insurance philosophy and recommends appropriate plan design, services, products and cost mitigation strategies
- Presents, coordinates and reviews all proposals and finalist materials provided to clients and to potential clients
- Works in close collaboration with the Executive Sponsor, Marketing and Underwriting to develop pricing for new clients
- Serves as the lead on interactions and communications with prospective clients
- Maintains positive relations with other Enterprise departments, their existing clients and with client decision makers, including the C-Suite
- Promotes and maintains client satisfaction with products, services and support
- Responsible to ensure that all sales data and information is tracked accurately and in a timely manner, using the PRM system
- Works closely with the VP and Executive Sponsor to monitor activity including pipeline generation, sales stages, closing and reporting revenue
- Prepares and delivers on-site presentations to clients and prospective clients to educate, and to present the suite of People Corporation group benefits, retirement, administration, wellness, HR and other products and services
- Ensures that all customer service requirements and commitments align with, and are delivered in accordance with, established requirements and expectations
- Projects a respectful, positive, professional image and presence to the client and industry at all times
- Minimum five (5) years of group insurance experience specifically with consulting experience
- Exceptional sales, business and financial acumen.
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully.
- Exceptional communication skills demonstrated through compelling sales presentations and client interactions.
- Thorough knowledge of group insurance, retirement and related product sales and client service and support.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the projection of a professional image and style.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal service providers such as; Account Team, Marketing, Underwriting and Pricing, Finance, Service Managers, Practice Leads and others.