Bilingual Group Benefit Underwriter (Montréal, QC)
A financially strong and growing company, People Corporation continues to be on a growth trajectory. Since 2006 we have acquired numerous companies and increased the workforce to over 1000 employees.
The Group Benefit Underwriter is responsible for carrying out the duties of the Underwriting function and supporting the management in executing the overall objectives of the Underwriting Department. The Group Benefit Underwriter is a key resource in supporting the Underwriting, Sales and Service teams in meeting the needs of its clients and other stakeholders: Sales and Client Service teams, supplier partners, Shared Services areas (e.g. Accounting) etc.
The core duties of the Underwriting team include the delivery of quotes and proposals for new group sales, experience analysis and renewal reports for existing clients, and ongoing pricing analysis of plan-design amendments.
- Prepare client renewal reporting and reviews.
- Requests to Quote (RTQs): prepare market specifications for clients using both internal and external quoting systems.
- Support new sales and revenue growth targets.
- Gather necessary data and perform analysis of estimated cost impact of plan design alterations for self insured clients / gather necessary data and submit requests for pricing impact of plan-design alterations, to insurance carriers of existing fully-insured clients.
- Develop and maintain ongoing strong relationships with department members, insurance carriers, management, sales consultants, brokers and account executives.
- Coordinate new business implementation with account management and implementation team.
- Prepare written documentation of sold rates for new and renewing clients, and keep rate database up to date, accordingly.
- Perform ad hoc investigations of claims data in order to explain trends to consultants/account managers, for information to client.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by management.
- Track ongoing work, update workflow systems regularly and as necessary.
- Bachelor in actuarial sciences or related fields (i.e. Finance, Economics, Business Administration)
- 2 to 5 years experiences in group benefit underwriting
- knowledge of MS products including Word, Excel, and Power Point (advanced Excel preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in French and English.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment / under pressure / against deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Send your application in confidence to the attention of Benjamin Koll.