Benefits Associate (Toronto, Ontario)
Our team is growing and we are adding a Benefit Associate to our Toronto, Ontario team!
This is a fantastic role for a group benefits professional who is committed to continuing their career with a growing company. You will have the opportunity to provide consulting solutions including analyzing plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits programs and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
You are passionate about group benefits and are committed to providing high quality service to clients. You have a solid understanding of group insurance and underwriting complimented by data and analytical functions.
- Review plan performance, experience reporting, assist in flex pricing exercises
- Prepare market specifications for clients using both internal and external quoting systems
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals, prepare cost comparisons and make recommendations related to the best option for the client
- Perform ad hoc investigations of claims data in order to explain trends to consultants/account managers, for information to client.
- Gather necessary data and perform analysis of estimated cost impact of plan design alterations for self-insured clients
- Prepare client renewal reporting and reviews, including negotiations with insurers and completing the renewal cycle with reporting and commentary
- Provides Technical and Peer Review work for the analysts and other associates
- Coordinate new business implementation
- Prepare documents for client presentation, meet in person to deliver client information
- Support working relationships with Plan Sponsors, Plan Administrators and Representatives
- Develop and build positive rapport and relationships with carriers, Account Leaders and other client stakeholders
- Track ongoing work, update workflow systems regularly and as necessary
- 2-5 years group benefits experience
- Experience in underwriting, data analysis and analytical functions a strong asset
- Solid understanding of various underwriting and funding arrangements
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- LLQP, CEBS, Actuarial designations or working towards any are considered assets
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands in order to meet client and company needs
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment