Benefits Analyst (Cambridge, Ontario)
We are in search of a dynamic individual to join our Integrated Solutions team as a Benefits Analyst to actively contribute to the success of People Corporation by providing excellent customer service and support for the day-to-day management of all new and existing group benefit clients.
Reporting to the Director, Client Services, based in our Cambridge, Ontario office, you will bring your results-driven outlook and strong mathematical skills to be successful in this position with responsibility for a variety of tasks.
- Analyse data provided from the insurers: renewals, proposals, experience updates, etc.,
- Create client-facing illustrations using data from the insurer.
- Calculate pricing of plan alternates and alternative funding methods, stop loss, etc.
- Prepare reports and other deliverables to communicate results of data analysis, plan design alternative calculations, etc.,
- Create illustrations to demonstrate specific opportunities for cost and tax efficiencies within the employee benefits program’s structure,
- Provide service support, working between the AE, client, other internal staff and vendors.
- Be familiar with the structure of each assigned client, from plan design to funding arrangements and life cycle of deliverables,
- Maintain the good order of each assigned client’s file and workflow tracking; set-up a new client’s file,
- Perform regular spot-checks of carrier data to ensure the accuracy of all components.,
- Participate in the development and improvement of new ideas and illustrations,
- Provide regular updates to the Account Executive on project development and progress
- Track ongoing work, update workflow systems regularly and as necessary.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support VP, Client Manager, and overall operational and client goals.
- College or University Degree, preferably with five (5) years of experience in the group benefits industry
- Experience in an underwriting role would be an asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, English (French would be a bonus)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of various carriers’ claims paying and administrative processes, as well as their underwriting practices and pricing models,
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Web-based carrier reporting systems, and overall computer skills,
- Organized, creative, self-motivated and able to operate under pressure,
- Flexible and open to change,
- Positive attitude and open to constant personal/professional improvements,
- Professional disposition,
- Capable of working independently and in a team,