Benefits Account Manager (Toronto, ON)
At People Corporation we are committed to helping businesses succeed. We are a national provider of group benefits, group retirement, wellness, and human resource solutions. Our experts provide valuable insight, and offer customized solutions designed to fit the unique needs of your business.
ACL Student Benefits, a People Corporation company, is currently seeking a Benefits Account Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will provide exceptional account management services to clients and bring your results-driven outlook to be successful in this front-of-the line position with responsibility for a variety of tasks including implementation, case management, training and leadership to new account managers, timely responses, or resolutions for the management of ad hoc client requests or escalated issues. You will collaborate and partner with departments across the organization in requests for presentations. By drive and commitment, you will assist in maintaining our existing student block, support sales and through dialogue and solid client relationships strengthen the corporate brand and reputation in the industry.
- Act as the main point of contact for client student health program and respond to client inquires, address concerns and provide resolutions in a timely manner.
- Liaise with clients, Presidents and other stakeholders frequently in relation to on-going issues and business performance to promote and support client retention.
- Build strong relationships with clients through regular communication and checks-ins and maintain client contact list, inclusive of student union groups.
- Implement new domestic and/or international group plans or products and provide any necessary support to client staff with the implementation or administration of the student health program, while ensuring compliance with policy guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system of ad hoc client requests, particularly those which reflect claims adjudication for plan members.
- Set up meetings with clients and take charge of communication including follow-up written communication with actionable items, in collaboration with Sales Consultants and Director of Operations.
- Partner with interdepartmental teams in the provision of client services.
- Speak with, and provide assistance, to health providers for direct billing and claim submission.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of 5 years group insurance experience
- Strong knowledge of Group Benefits products, services, and administration, GBA certification would be an asset.
- Comfortable in public speaking and presenting products and services is a must.
- Advanced virtual skills and experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
- Driving is required, a valid driver’s license, access to a car and a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work (40 hours) Monday to Friday and flexible with evenings and weekends for client events on a permanent full-time basis. Ability to travel day trips up to 50% of the time, overnight trips 20% of the time.
- A positive attitude with an exceptional focus on value-driven client service and support with a strong capability to balance multiple tasks with delicate timelines.
- Strong interpersonal communication abilities, highly proficient in written and verbal communication and excellent organization skills.
- Well- developed listening, conflict resolution management and business acumen needed.
- Capable of presenting at client or organization events, in person or virtually, and interacting with client stakeholders and industry experts regularly.
- Aptitude for the building of professional and solid relationships with clients, external stakeholders, internal team and key partners.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to ever-changing environments and discern urgency of various critical levels appropriate to task, client requests or requirements.