BD Marketing Specialist – Social and Content (Winnipeg, Greater Toronto Area or Montreal)
People Corporation is the largest third party benefits administrator in Canada. Founded in 2007, we’ve enjoyed seven consecutive years of being recognized as part of the annual Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business. We continue this growth trajectory with acquisitions of three new partner firms and an exciting announcement that Goldman Sachs plans to acquire People Corporation in 2021.
Our team is growing to support our company growth. We’re looking for an individual to join our Consulting Excellence team in the role of BD Marketing Specialist with specific responsibility for social and content. As a BD Marketing Specialist, you will support People Corporation’s overall marketing and communication strategy, especially for company social media channels and thought leadership. Reporting to the Director, Business Development Marketing, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing on a comprehensive and compelling social media strategy, as well as supporting on sales collateral and business development focused content and materials for use by internal and external audiences. This role will also focus on supporting sales and service teams with building profile and engaging prospects and clients through supportive content.
- Drive content dissemination through various communication channels internally and externally – social media, blog, newsletters, training meetings, shared drives, etc.
- Provide value to clients, prospects and general audiences through a powerful social media strategy and thought leadership portfolio
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts to plan for, craft, edit, and deliver content and materials that meet marketing and business development needs
- Build strong relationships with internal clients across the organization, presenting creative solutions to gain buy-in and feedback
- Develop and support comprehensive and relevant marketing strategies
- Identify communication needs by audience
- Collaborate with other team members to meet project goals, budgets, and schedules
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent tone of voice, positioning and look and feel
- Track and report on marketing KPIs
As an experienced marketing professional, you’re familiar with a wide variety of marketing and communication channels and have the expertise to define fit to each audience and tactic. You are proactive, service-oriented, and have strong project management and problem solving skills. You are an outstanding writer and editor.
- Post-secondary education in marketing or communications and a minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven expertise in managing engaging company social media accounts, and familiarity with digital marketing generally
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and determine appropriate communication pieces, messaging, and delivery methods specific to audience
- Have a creative flair and have a strong interest in connecting with your audience
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight timelines, and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Have a proven track record of building successful relationships
- Enjoy a team-focused and collaborative working environment
- Experience with sales or marketing in professional services, financial services or technology industries
- Knowledge of group insurance, group retirement and investments and/or health and wellness consulting
- Bilingual in English and French