BD and Proposals Specialist (Greater Toronto Area, ON or Winnipeg, MB)
People Corporation is the largest third party benefits administrator in Canada and offers a comprehensive suite of group benefits, retirement, health and wellness, and human resources services across Canada. Founded in 2007, we’ve had an incredible growth trajectory since then, with both organic and acquisition growth. People Corporation’s continued success is built on the strength of a large national company and driven by the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller one.
Our team – Consulting Excellence, the company’s marketing and business development function – is looking to add a dynamic storyteller who supports and drives sales and new business revenue. We’re looking for an individual to join in the role of BD and Proposals Specialist with specific responsibility for facilitating the development and delivery of proposals, finalist presentations and other BD initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, Business Development Marketing, you’ll be responsible for supporting People Corporation’s overall sales and marketing strategy. By providing structure around the proposal process and working closely with client-facing professionals to craft impactful messaging and targeted strategies, you will play an important role in driving new business for the company.
- Guide the end-to-end proposal development process including organizing kick-off meetings, clarifying approach and strategy, directing research needs, gathering/writing content, managing team timelines, engaging peer proofread, producing final deliverables, coaching presentation teams and organizing debriefing sessions, as appropriate
- Make effective use of word processing and presentation software to develop proposal, pitch and presentation materials from existing templates, and contribute to the development of new templates and tools
- Stay current on industry trends and observations that may impact pitch and proposal strategies and draw on that knowledge to assist teams with articulating clear competitive differentiation
- Identify and qualify new RFP opportunities
- Collaborate with other colleagues across the company as required
- Support the management of pitch and proposal content databases and archives
- Contribute to the reporting of sales opportunity data through project tracking
- Actively participate in a collaborative team environment, together striving for continuous improvement, while owning and driving the success of the proposal portfolio
As an experienced sales support, marketing, and/or business development professional, you’re familiar with procurement processes and have the expertise to create compelling content tailored to each audience and situation. You are proactive, service-oriented, and have strong project management and problem-solving skills. You are an outstanding writer and editor.
- 3+ years of proposal writing, business development or sales support experience, preferably in professional services, technology or insurance industries
- Strong client service orientation is a must
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills –must be able to establish credibility and interact successfully with all levels of colleagues with diplomacy and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to determine appropriate messaging and delivery specific to audience, with the ability to craft impactful messaging that masterfully tells the story
- A high level of attention to detail and skilled at editing and proofreading
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite, with emphasis on Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and cohesively in a team environment
- Knowledge of group insurance, group retirement and investments, and/or health and wellness consulting
- Bilingual in English and French