Application Support Analyst (Winnipeg, MB)
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing assistance and support for software related problems to all users across the organization. In this role, the expectations include the analysis, proposals for improvements of support and transfer processes, participation in the deployment of recommended solutions, change management with involved teams, customer experience management and critical thinking.
- Acts as a front-line liaison between the various internal departments, end users and the Information Technology department to address software related problems.
- Assist with the coordination of day-to-day operations in order to keep operations running smoothly or bring them back up in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, assigns, resolves and escalates third level calls to appropriate Information Technology personnel making sure they have the data required to resolve the problem.
- Identifies actions to correct problems and monitors to ensure problems are resolved.
- Responsible for escalation management, status alerting and completion of incident reports for management review.
- Creates and updates user documentation when requested.
- Adheres to the documented procedures for managing change request/inventory.
- Tracks the support history for related problems and provides recommendations.
- Manages and maintains the knowledge base and resolution database.
- Evaluate, propose and initiate application support process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and propose change and release management process improvements.
- Support project managers, Business Analysts and the business for all application support and transfer to operation queries.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 10+ years’ progressive experience as a Database Administrator, Integration Specialist and/or Systems Analyst
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects, etc.), and databases (SQL, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with leadership and collaborative skills to deal with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- The ability to adapt to change in a positive way and deliver successful results within a time frame
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills