Bilingual Administrative Assistant – Reception (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities the Administrative Assistant – Reception provides concierge service for clients and visitors to our Winnipeg Corporate office. Their warm and professional communication welcomes callers and guests and demonstrates the People Corporation commitment to an extraordinary client experience.
This role acts as a key support for all Winnipeg People Corporation teams in managing inbound and outbound mail, couriers, and the office supplies we need to conduct business. We rely on their ability to be ‘in the know’ about what is happening day-to-day, and to problem-solve as situations arise. They are able to build and manage strong relationships with our vendors, staff and clients. The successful candidate will be energetic, organized, detail-oriented, and will play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our clients and staff every day.
- Receive a high volume of calls and in-person visitors in a positive, cordial and prompt manner.
- Maintain a clean and professional reception area, including maintaining coffee stations
- Manage and replenish supplies for both Winnipeg offices, ensuring all expenditures are pre-approved and within budget.
- Sort, distribute and log incoming and outbound mail, faxes and courier items.
- Support equipment and event bookings in both Winnipeg offices
- Provide administrative and event support to leadership team and staff as required
- Able to maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, skilled at dealing with a high volume of inquiries, and able to manage challenging or new situations.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication, including managing difficult or conflict scenarios
- Bilingual, both written and verbal, in English and French
- Detail oriented, reviews and optimizes processes to ensure they reflect the evolving needs of our business and clients
- Proficiency in the Microsoft product suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated customer service, sales or claims experience
- Experience in a high-volume reception or administrative role