Accounts Payable Coordinator (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our high-performing Finance team in our Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
Reporting to our Manager, Accounts Payable in the operational accounting team, you will play an integral role in the daily operations. You are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and are known to roll up your sleeves and go beyond what’s expected of you in a fast-paced environment.
You will be part of a tenured team of Accountants within an entrepreneurial and high-growth organization. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of an exceptional team with a great support structure in place to ensure success and career progression.
- Reviewing invoices/expense reports and contacting vendors/employees for any discrepancies
- Ensuring that all related invoices/expenses are accurately entered to Sage 300
- Processing intercompany invoices with the proper allocation and approval
- Maintaining a systematic invoice and expense report filing system for easy retrieval
- Creating and reviewing checks for invoices due for payment
- Recording accruals for monthly expense recognition
- Preparing bank reconciliation
- Assisting in shared cost allocation entries
- Ensuring that all month-end related items are done in a timely manner
- Supporting quarterly and annual reporting as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or diploma in a related field
- Experience processing payables in a similar finance-related role a definite asset
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident interacting with different levels of management and staff
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Hands-on, detail oriented, and can effectively prioritize tasks and manage deliverables in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative