Accounting and Payroll Analyst (Winnipeg, MB)
We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking an Accounting and Payroll Analyst to join our high-performing Finance team in Winnipeg, Manitoba head office.
As a key member of our full-cycle accounting team, you will provide support in the areas of tax compliance, balance sheet reconciliation, payroll/accounting bridge and company’s general ledger functions. You are eager, detail-oriented, take pride in exceeding expectations, and are known to roll up your sleeves to go beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Assists in the preparation of tax returns, inclusive of corporate and commodity tax, under the direction of Corporate Accounting Manager
- Works collaboratively with the full-cycle transactional accounting team to complete the period-end close process including accounting for capital assets, prepaid expenses recognition, balancing inter-company accounts, and other tasks as relevant to the close process
- Works collaboratively with the payroll accounting team to process payroll journal entries, headcount reports reconciliation, balancing employee deduction clearing accounts
- Supports the quarterly review/ external audit process through the preparation of variance analysis, supporting working papers
- Supports the additional reporting and analysis, as required by Management
- Completed studies in a recognized accounting program
- 4 years of progressive and relevant accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE 300)
- Experience with managing significant amounts of data using Excel, with proficiency
- Previous exposure to corporate tax is an asset
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Commitment to meeting objectives and required timelines